About Me

My photo
Welcome to the new Campervan Chef blog! This started out life as a blog called 'Kylie's Kitchen' and ran out of steam some time ago. Since then life has changed and Kylie's Kitchen as it stood is no more. I started out as an an enthusiastic home cook but now work as a chef and cook for others in all sorts of situations. You'll find out more about this side of me if you keep tabs on my scribbles on here. I blog about food and cooking, life, family, friends and pets. I will also be keeping you up to date with our travels to our second home; the beautiful Greek island of Skiathos and the dog shelter we support there. Join us as our journey through life continues...

Monday 14 May 2012

Parmesan crisps

Knocked up a quick Spag Bol for supper as Wendywoo's daughter, Annie, and the grandson were over.  Made enough for the boys to finish off as well.  They're both working hard finishing off degree stuff and we have only just got back from Joe's end of course gig.  Great evening out with some amazing talent on show; although Joe (four instruments and vocals), Ronnie (amazing voice) and Becca (spine tingling saxophone) stole the show for me!

While the Spag Bol was bubbling away on the cooker I decided to have a bit of a play with the leftover filo pastry from yesterday.  This is what I came up with.  One sheet of filo pastry brushed with olive oil and then sprinkled liberally with finely grated parmesan cheese.  Another sheet placed directly on top and patted down.  This sheet also brushed with oil and then the whole thing cut into 2cm squares (or triangles, rectangles or whatever takes your fancy).  On a lightly oiled baking sheet and in a 180* oven for five to six minutes or until golden brown.

Once done they were turned onto some kitchen roll to drain and then served as a pre-nosh nibble.  Seemed to go down well!

Next time I might try something garlicy or maybe even with anchovy.  Not everyone's favourite, I know, but a winner with me and the Rock Chick.


No comments:

Post a Comment